• The Beacon Street Children’s Centre is committed to provide a joint partnership between staff, children, families and the community with the main objectives being;
• To encourage and respect each child’s right to develop their skills knowledge and understanding of the five developmental areas while learning and exploring through play.
• To offer a secure, caring, happy environment and acknowledge that each child is unique and to provide support in helping to promote each child’s strengths, individuality, positive self-image and cooperation based on mutual trust and open communication.
• To focus on the relationships between children, staff and families fostering a deep sense of security, trust and acceptance of themselves and others at all times.
• To provide an environment where children can develop to their full potential and learn self-discipline, responsibility, decision making and awareness of the world around them.
• To provide the opportunity for non discriminatory learning experiences for children in a stimulating environment based on materials, equipment and resources selected to demonstrate a range of lifestyles that include family values, social and cultural differences, gender and language diversity.
• To welcome, support and promote the inclusion and equal participation of children with additional needs.
• To have a fun and inviting environment that values staff, children and their families and respects their contributions to the centre fostering a sense of belonging within the community.